Ryder System Dispatch Clerk-2 in Waterloo, Iowa
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide.
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Dispatch Coordinator I position will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of the operation.
- Assist Central Dispatcher with the displacement of freight and drivers
- Miscellaneous data entry
- Produce a daily Revenue Report and data entry of bills
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective leadership skills
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Must be accustomed to busy phones
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Ability to adjust priorities
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- H.S. diploma/GED required and 1-3 years experience in logistics, transportation, warehouse or related field
- Three (3) years or more experience in logistics, transportation, warehouse or related field required
- Three (3) years or more experience in the trucking Industry preferred
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America’s largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.
- Ryder System Jobs