VIVA USA Inc Foundry Engineer in Waterloo, Iowa
Req Ref No: FEIA0520 Title: Foundry Engineer Location: Waterloo, IA No. of Positions: 1 Duration: Long term
DUTIES: The proposed assignment will continue till October 31, 2021 and may extend beyond this time frame.
The consultant will perform the functions listed below:
• Utilize Creo 3D modeling software to model gating systems to reduce scrap through the analysis of MAGMA simulations.
• Use simulation tool - MAGMAsoft - to review casting filling and solidification processes and conduct decision analysis of changes for optimal system to run in production.
• Analyze casting filling and solidification through software and implement changes to achieve maximum yield and minimize scrap generation.
• Be responsible for yield improvements utilizing MAGMA.
• Attend team meeting and be able to present gating changes and modification proposed based on component analysis.
• Provide information for routings and BOM of new products for all production lines.
• Provide support and troubleshooting for current operations.
• Investigate, gather and analyze data and implement solutions. • Innovates and implements cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic improvement ideas of moderate scope. • Applies electronic tools across a broad range of applications, including e-builds, modeling and simulations. • Lead analysis, development and implementation of new manufacturing processes and technology. • Develop and implements plans to support lean manufacturing through the client Production System of moderate scope. • Design operations layouts. Improves material flow and material presentation. Leads team studies related to capacity, energy, productivity and efficiency of moderate scope REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor degree in Materials Science Engineering or experience in a related field with a minimum of eight years of relevant work experience. Master’s Degree in Materials Science Engineering or experience in a related field with minimum of three years of relevant experience will also be considered.
May also require travel to various unanticipated client sites nationally.
Salary Requirements: Salary Minimum $29.00/hour, 40 hr/wk.
If you or anyone is interested in this position, please contact VIVA HR Manager.
THIS NOTICE IS BEING POSTED BECAUSE A LABOR CONDITION APPLICATION HAS BEEN FILED FOR FOUNDRY ENGINEER. COMPLAINTS ALLEGING MISREPRESENTATION OF MATERIAL FACTS IN THE LABOR CONDITION APPLICATION AND/OR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE TERMS OF THE LABOR CONDITION APPLICATION MAY BE FILED WITH ANY OFFICE OF THE WAGE AND HOUR DIVISION OF THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF LABOR.
Please click here to view the LCA: LCA I-200-20133-563849
VIVA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants have an equal opportunity for placement, and all employees have an equal opportunity to develop on the job. This means that VIVA will not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.