VIVA USA Inc Reliability Engineer in Waterloo, Iowa
Req Ref No: REIA0520 Title: Reliability Engineer Location: Waterloo, IA No. of Positions: 1 Duration: Long term
DUTIES: The proposed assignment will continue till June 27, 2021 and may extend beyond this time frame.
The consultant will perform the functions listed below:
• Support warranty continuous improvement processes as well as product development. (Order Fulfilment Process and Product Development Process).
• Perform Continuous improvement projects on Monthly reports to reduce processing time using R and SAS. Part of decision committee to prioritize work on NCCA projects that reduce machine downtime and increase product uptime efficiency.
• Review product engineering specifications to understand part structure and perform design and process flow analysis. DFMEA's and SFMEA's are conducted with cross functional teams to align on new product goals.
• Conduct warranty investigations to identify unresolved failure modes. Create analysis and reports to quantify severity/cost of issues in the form of monthly warranty reports to meet Distinctive Product Quality (DPQ).
• Work with supplier management to align on changes in design and feasibility based on cost and lead times.
• Execute test or analysis plan for product verification and validation (PV&V).
• Use Statistical Process control methods along with mistake proofing to manufacture components with minimum defects.
• Conduct DFMEA's and SFMEA's to ensure risks prioritization. Design review meetings are conducted to review and solve issues and align on changes made with cross functional teams. • Participate in cross-functional problem-solving teams (CIP) and lead teams in quality improvement initiatives including Six Sigma projects. • Work with simulation software to improve manufacturing processes on the shop floor to meet Quality and Reliability improvement goals in manufacturing. • Reduce cycle times in various daily tasks by taking on continuous improvement projects. Project resolution cycle time metric is analyzed on the basis of completion of warranty improvement projects REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor degree in Manufacturing Engineering or experience in a related field with a minimum of four years of relevant work experience. Master’s Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or experience in a related field with two years of relevant experience will also be considered.
May also require travel to various unanticipated client sites nationally.
Salary Requirements: Salary Minimum $32.00/hour, 40 hr/wk.
If you or anyone is interested in this position, please contact VIVA HR Manager.
THIS NOTICE IS BEING POSTED BECAUSE A LABOR CONDITION APPLICATION HAS BEEN FILED FOR RELIABILITY ENGINEER. COMPLAINTS ALLEGING MISREPRESENTATION OF MATERIAL FACTS IN THE LABOR CONDITION APPLICATION AND/OR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE TERMS OF THE LABOR CONDITION APPLICATION MAY BE FILED WITH ANY OFFICE OF THE WAGE AND HOUR DIVISION OF THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF LABOR.
Please click here to view the LCA: LCA I-200-20133-562536
VIVA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants have an equal opportunity for placement, and all employees have an equal opportunity to develop on the job. This means that VIVA will not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.