Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare-Iowa RN--Registered Nurse in Waterloo, Iowa
3rd Floor--This unit provides care for post-operative general surgical patients and oncology patients with a focus on pain management, holistic care and patient and family involvement and support. This unit operates from 2 nursing stations, 3 East and 3 West, for a total bed number of 43 beds.
Through theory-based practice, the RN utilizes critical thinking to assess, plan, implement and evaluate outcome based care for a select group of patients. The RN supervises and coordinates care provided to patients by the Patient Care Assistants and other nursing team members. The RN facilitates communication with physicians, patient and family, other departments and/or team members. Adheres to Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare's performance expectations and performs all defined services and other related duties in accordance with the mission, vision and values of Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare.
- Conducts an initial assessment to gather data.
- Identifies patient problems and develops them into an outcome-based plan of care.
- Implements the outcome-based plan of care.
- Completes ongoing reassessments based on standards of care and/or the patient's individual needs.
- Evaluates patient progress and revises the outcome-based plan as needed.
- Communicates relevant clinical information to optimize patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates clinical competence.
- Based on principles of growth and development, provides care appropriate to the age related needs of the patients served on his/her assigned unit which may include: Birth -- 28 days Neonate 1 -- 18 Months Infant 18 Months -- 3 Years Toddler 3 -- 6 Years Preschool-aged 6 -- 12 Years School-aged 12 -- 18 Years Adolescents 18 -- 65 Years Adults 65+ Years Geriatric
- Adheres to all safety, infection control and employee health policies and procedures.
Graduate of accredited school of nursing, In ICU must complete cardiac monitoring course and/or select units of Advance Nursing/Critical Care Course or comparable, and ACLS within 12 months in ICU.
No prior experience required.
High language, intermediate to high math, high critical thinking ability.
Basic computer skills preferred.
Ability to work with diverse groups of people. Ability to work under pressure and with a large degree of independence and accountability. Ability to lead/direct others in a high stress situation/environment.
Current Iowa RN license, BLS, NRP (Nurs., L&D; Mercy-OB, M/S, Nurs, L&D). Mandatory Reporter. ACLS-(ED, ICU, L&D, ASU, O/P Clinic; Mercy- OB, M/S, Nurs, L&D), TNCC-(ED, Mercy- OB, M/S, Nurs, L&D -), PALS-(ED, Peds, Mercy- OB, M/S, Nurs, L&D; Sart.- ICU)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled